Thoracic Cancers – Thoracic Oncology – The Onco Clinic
Thoracic cancers include lung cancers, lung carcinoid tumors, thymic malignancies, and tracheal tumors. Visit The Onco Clinic for the best Thoracic Oncology.
There are two main types of lung cancer:
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is the most common type of lung cancer. There are three main subtypes of NSCLC.
- Squamous cell carcinoma starts in early versions of the cells that line the lung’s airways and frequently is linked to a history of smoking.
- Adenocarcinoma starts in early versions of cells that normally secrete mucus or other substances. This cancer occurs most often in smokers but sometimes also occurs in non-smokers.
- Large cell (undifferentiated) carcinoma can appear in any region of the lung and can grow and spread rapidly.
- Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is less common than NSCLC. It is most often seen in smokers, and tends to spread widely through the body.